Wednesday 9 January 2013

Past Sport Experiences and The Naked and Hurtful Truth

As an occasional athlete I think it is only fair to list all the sport activities and challenges I did in the past.

1. Gymnastic as a toddler (Does it even count?!?)
2. Volleyball from 6 yrs old till 24 yrs old. I have broken every possible bones due to this sport. I had 2 knee surgeries (ACL) and as much as I like to say I have never really stopped playing volleyball any now and then I play it again and my body reminds me why I should NOT playing volleyball.
3. Rowing: 1 year. If you guys even wonder why I mentioned this, it is because this only year made me more of an athlete than any other years. We started as completely novice and manage to qualify to Henley!! Thanks to an amazing crew, incredible hard work (circa 20/25 hours training a week) and an amazing coach Dr. Chris George.



4. Running: 2 marathons (Portland and the original marathon).
5. Hiking: Lots of hiking. Including Everest Base Camp and Kilimanjaro.
6. I even attempted a half iron man during my rowing year but did not complete because embarrassingly enough I did not know how to change a tire (no one can help you or you will be disqualified). Rest assure, I now know how to change a tire :)

Why would I call myself occasional Athlete? Because apart from volleyball I alternate incredible active periods to incredible sit down periods (mainly due of studying) and it seems I cannot keep a great balance between the two. If you don't believe me, read the chart below of my current weight and I ll transform you in a believer!

Weight: Let is say all of my effort of loosing weight in my past 4 moths (- 3 Kg) was completely vanished in 2 weeks spend in Italy for Xmas (+ 3.5 Kg). So basically I am starting from square 1 again!






Thanks for reading!

Sere x

No comments:

Post a Comment